Friday 17 June 2011

a blanket for my new nephew

The 10th Grand Child was born yesterday! Christmas is going to be costly this year!

I saw this blanket on Sew Much Ado, and decided it would be a good light weight blanket for a summer baby like Oscar!


So I appliquéd on the letters – I didn’t have any bondaweb, but the lovely lady at  so resourceful gave me some handy tips :)

 I love the ricrac - at the fabric shop they have drawers and drawers of it, in hundreds of different colours.

Any way, I really hope my brother and sister in law like it, and it's useful!

4 comments:

  1. I love this blanket, you have stitched the letters on so neatly, much neater than I could! Glad I could be of help, keep on crafting and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I found some bondaweb today when I was clearing up - so next time I may use it, but I found it fairly simple, just fiddley and time consuming!

    I did put iron on interfacing on the back once I'd tack stitched them on - just for more stability as the fabric is brushed cotton.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is gorgeous, such a lovely gift. i would love to have a go at applique

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, this blanket is gorgeous! So cozy looking!

    ReplyDelete